Hi everyone, what I want to write about tonight, is not meant to sound like I am preaching, but it may. For this I am sorry. There is an old saying .You can please some people most of the time, but not all people all of the time. This is a true statement even for me. 90% of my clients love and have the up most respect for me. For this I love them, and appreciate them all the more. I save all my Christmas and holiday cards for the thank you after thank you. Thank you for loving my dog, making her beautiful, words like happy and safe. Oh how I love that, because I am doing my job well and your pet is happy. I am here for your pet. For me the dog comes first, and sometimes even a bunny. Which I will get to in my story. My shops reputation is my up most priority. I was trying to find ways to promote my business, and was amazed to stumble across a testimonial about me. I started to cry. You can read it at Zoot Shoot photos, in the blog section. Its called my new fabulous groomer. There is a picture of her Sheltie there. I was amazed to see it, and her words warmed my heart. Then there is the 10 % that no matter how hard I try, they are never happy. The one thing I hear out of peoples mouths are your just a dog groomer. Like in someway I am less then human and beneath their feet. If I can ask anyone who reads this blog to think before those words ever slip out of the mouth, I would be happy. See I am not just a dog groomer. I am a college graduate in the field of Interior Design. I am an artist, I paint animals on furniture, and pretty well known amongst the dog world. I am a business owner, a wife, a sister and a daughter. So know a person before you try and be little them in a bout of anger for whatever the reason maybe. Thanks for reading, and now for my story.
I was getting ready to close, when a local pet shop, called the Pet Den called me about a seriously matted bunny, which was in desperate need of help. See the people bought the bunny from a different, pet shop, but came to the Pet Den for the bunnies needs. Like bedding and such. Maurice and Denise two of the nicest and most help full people in the business called me, " Deb, please you have to help this bunny, it's in real trouble." I agreed to take a look. Well the owners were frantic, because they bought the bunny, to rescue it. Seems the other store never brushed this longer haired type rabbit. I had to shave it my god. This poor thing was so scared, yet stayed so still, it was like it new I was trying to help it. I got the fur off thank god no stitches, I am happy to say the owners came in and told me the bunny was doing great gaining weight and finally eating. Yes the fur was coming back also. I every so often get asked now if I will groom rabbits. I say no mostly because of all the dogs, I don't want it to have a heart attack.
No comments:
Post a Comment