Some people believe that a dog has no soul. They feel that the bible claims this, so it must be true. I am a pretty spiritual person, and disagree with that statement. I could not imagine that god, would give no soul, to an animal with such an array of emotion. How do I know this? I live and breath dogs, and in general pets daily. I know that even if a dog has been neglected, that pet is so happy to see there owners. I know that at times they come in so afraid, with a kind touch and a snuggle, the shaking stops. I see the tails wag, and the teeth show when they like and dislike something. I see them sleep, so peaceful and secure. Animals dream, and sometimes even watch TV. This will be part of my true story. This is not a conditioned response, but ones of emotion. They can problem solve. For example, I was putting up my Christmas Tree. There were a lot of boxes around that held ornaments and decorations. Justin was on one side of the room, I on the other. He wanted to be by me. After watching him, figure out the best route to me, he jumped on the ottoman, to the floor, onto the sofa, to the floor, around the coffee table through the door where I was standing. He jumped on me to say, I'm here pet me. That dog makes me laugh! When I am driving my car, he puts his muzzle under my hand flips it over his head , he wants to be petted. When he needs to go out he goes to the door. If he wants water, to the bowl, food to the pantry door. See animals even communicate. No souls, I beg to differ. Now my true story:
My husband and I are real horror movie lovers. Not so much the Saw type movie, but ghost stories, and even Alien type movies. Well Justin was maybe 7 months old, and we were watching ALIENS with Sigorney Weaver. The movie was at the part where a character was looking for her cat. They were leaving the mother ship. It is a pretty intense scene. Chains are swinging, and water was dripping from them. The character was saying," Here kitty kitty" over, and over again. The cat pops out and you see him meow, then comes the hiss, and the guy gets ripped apart by the Alien. Justin was watching the TV, when all this was going on. Well he jumped off my lap, and ran into his crate. I assumed he wanted to go to bed. Little did I know he was so scared. Around 3 A.M., I heard him whimpering in his bed. He also was scratching the sides of the kennel. When I went to his bed, he was dreaming. That dog was having a nightmare. When I woke him he jumped into my arms and started to lick my face. I said to him, "Are you protecting mommy from the Aliens?" A cookie, water and a little love, he finally went back to sleep. Good night until tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment